Are you sure that your method to backup PostgreSQL databases is reliable, safe, and convenient? What if you need to backup your database somewhere to the cloud, let’s say to Azure Storage. How much time will you spend every day to complete this scenario? You can do it simply with the help of PostgreSQL Backup. Below we are going to show you how to create a backup job which will backup PostgreSQL to Azure Storage on a regular basis.
How to Backup PostgreSQL to Azure Storage
Follow these simple steps and create your backup job. All backups will be made according to your schedule and send them to Azure Storage automatically.
- Firstly you need to connect PostgreSQL Backup to PostgreSQL Server. Press “Connect to PostgreSQL Server”, specify your credential, test the connection and save all settings.
- Run PosgreSQL-Backup and tick all PostgreSQL databases which you are going to backup from the list.
- Select a place where you are going to store backups. To do it press “Add backup destination” and select “Azure Storage”. Make all necessary settings, test your connections and save the settings.
- Now it’s time to create a backup schedule. You can simply do it in the following way: check off “Schedule this job” and press “Advanced backup schedule”. Create the backup schedule and press “Save & Close”.
- That’s it, the backup job is ready. Now all you need is save it, to do it press “Save”, or you can run the backup immediately by clicking the “Run Now” button.