Sql Backup And FTP

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register
running from command line Options · View
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2010 3:23:35 PM

Groups:

Has anyone gotten this to work from a command line?

If I run this:

SqlScriptGenerator -o e:\SqlOutput.txt -s server\dev -d D1 -u sa -p passxxx -tall -r

It opens the form, shows the databases on that server, but no database has been selected, and a message box pops up "Nothing to do".

What is wrong with my command line?
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2010 9:44:33 AM

Groups:

I have pretty much the same problem. SQLScriptGenerator -s Server -d dbname -t dbo.Mytable -ts -r -h -ex -o MyTableDDL.sql pops up the nothing to do message and then the GUI. The db is selected, the table is seleted and the Struture radio button is selected, but no script is generated. If I hit the Generate Script button it produces the script.
alex
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2010 11:13:17 AM

Groups: Registered

Thank you for your feedback. We will fix this issue in the next version
Edwin
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:05:58 AM

Groups:

I noticed that the options -u and -p on the commandline do not work as expected. Windows Authentication is used instead of SQL Server Authentication.
When I start SqlScriptGenerator as follows:
"c:\Program Files\SQLScriptGenerator\SqlScriptGenerator.exe" -o d:\test.sql -s servername -d database -u user -p mypassword -tall -ts -r -h -ex
I got a "Login failed" message with "The login is from an untrusted domain and can not be used with Windows Authentication". Do I miss soething? I use version 0.9.2.
gareth
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 3:22:37 AM

I have the exact same issue - when running from the command line, GUI appears followed by 'Nothing to do' message.

SqlScriptGenerator -s ehc-sqld-01.deveu.deverac.local\ -d XleratorDEV -t dbo.tblIssueType -td -r -ex -o C:\TEMP\CTScript.sql

Options are correctly selected and if I hit 'Generate Script' button manually I get the right script. It just seems unable to run the Generate command from the command line. I see this was first raised a year ago and a fix was promised - has this been implemented yet?
ruslan
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 9:30:13 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Sorry guys, SqlScriptGenerator is a free product and all our resources are taken now by a new version of SQLBackupAndFTP and SQLBackupAndFTP for MySQL. We will do our best to fix these problems whenever we can, sorry for delay.
jooj
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:16:08 AM

I have pretty much the same problem.
Alexander Omelchenko
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 4:41:47 AM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Thank you for the issue reporting. Sorry, but we cannot promise the date when this issue will be fixed.