Sql Backup And FTP

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register
Couldn't execute 'SET OPTION SQL_QUOTE_SHOW_CREATE=1' Options · View
ben
#1 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 9:42:32 PM

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I just updated my server to 5.7 (from 5.6) and I can lo longer perform any backups. I get the error Couldn't execute 'SET OPTION SQL_QUOTE_SHOW_CREATE=1'

Will you be updating the program or is there anyway to work around this?

Quote:
If you have recently upgraded your MySQL version to 5.6, your mysqldump command will probably throw the following error:

mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SET OPTION SQL_QUOTE_SHOW_CREATE=1': You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'OPTION SQL_QUOTE_SHOW_CREATE=1' at line 1 (1064)
The reason for this is that MySQL 5.6 has removed support for “SET OPTION” and your mysql client tools are probably on older version. Most likely 5.5 or 5.1. There is more info about this issue on MySQL bugs website.

also seeing this ing mysql logs:

2018-09-22T02:43:37.233180Z 17905 [Note] Aborted connection 17905 to db: 'unconnected' user: 'admin' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

mysqlbackup is testing the connection and says successful?
ben
#2 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 12:58:55 AM

Groups: Registered

I followed this instruction from another thread:

Please try to use mysqldump file of your version MySQL. You can copy an original mysqldump.exe file into the application's folder with "mysqldump-<major>_<minor>.exe" name. Where <major> and <minor> are major and minor version number of MySQL server.

renamed it to mysqldump-5_7.exe, and it's now working.
Alexander Omelchenko
#3 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 4:58:47 AM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Hi Ben,

Good news! Please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.